Ask any cat owner about dosing their cat with a pill and you’ll be told tales of wrestling domestic tigers, fangs embedded in hands, clothing shredded by claws – and shown the injuries and scars from the most memorable of those encounters.
Cats are notoriously difficult to dose, which is why we’ve created an easier way that will work for even the fiercest feline. Our natural remedies aren’t just easy to give, they can also be used long term with no risk of injury to you or undue stress for your cat.
Will oral dosing work for you and your cat?
Our remedies have a naturally sweet taste and because you only need a drop or two per dose most cats won’t even notice they’ve been dosed! There’s also lots of different ways to give doses so you can choose the best way for you, even if you have one of those hyper suspicious cats!
- add the remedy to their water bowl
- put it on food, or in a little milk or gravy
- get them to lick it up themselves by popping some on your finger and dabbing it on their chin or lips
- you can also dab some on their front paw for them to lick
- ask us to swap the pump bottle for a spray. We work with several cat rescue centres who dose feral cats and kittens this way. They mist the remedy through the bars of the enclosure for the cats to inhale.
- Warning: this one is only for the really dose-averse cat! Dampen a cotton ball with warm water, add a pump of remedy and – when the time is right – dab the cotton ball on their anus.
In the 18 years we’ve been making natural remedies for cats, we’ve only met with a few that objected to all of these methods. If you have a cat like that, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help find a solution that works for you!
Our range of remedies
We’ve got affordable natural remedies for all kinds of ailments and conditions that affect our feline friends. You can read about some of our most popular remedies here, or take a look at our full range.
Wishing you and your much-loved cat the best of health!