Competition Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Hippo Health competitions, which we run on our social media accounts or via our email newsletters. Here are the standard terms and conditions for all competitions run by Hippo Health. In addition, any terms and conditions applicable to a specific competition will be stated in the relevant Competition Post or Email.
- Your entry into any Hippo Health giveaways is considered acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which includes any information on how to enter and prizes.
- Entry is only open to people living in the territory stated in the relevant Competition Post or Email.
- Each competition starts with a Competition Post or Email, and finishes when the prize has been drawn and the winner announced.
- To enter, you must follow the instructions and terms set out in the Competition Post or Email. Please don't use any automated software that allows you to enter repeatedly or your entries will be disallowed.
- Prize draws will be held within 3 days of the competition ending. Winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries unless otherwise stated in the Competition Post or Email. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- Winners will be contacted by private message sent from their comment on the relevant Hippo Health social media account page, or by email (as applicable) asking them to provide details to claim their prize. Their name will also be announced on the relevant Hippo Health page.
- Winners will need to send Hippo Health a private message or email (as applicable) to claim their prize. This will also be taken as acceptance of the prize. If the winner does not accept the prize within seven days of being contacted, the competition will be redrawn and the prize given to another winner. If the winner of the prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian.
- If you post or upload a photo or written response, you guarantee that:
- you have all of the rights, consents and licences to post this content;
- your entry is original and your own; and
- your entry doesn't infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Entries are eligible based on the time they are submitted. We take no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or incorrectly submitted entries.
- Entry into the competition via a Hippo Health social media account is dependent on you following and acting in accordance with the relevant social media platform’s terms, which can be found at:
Facebook Terms. Please note that you do not have to tag your friends or share any content on your page or a friend’s page as part of any entry;
- Any competitions by Hippo Health are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any software, application or website used to enter the competition, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Hippo Health reserves the right to:
- provide an alternative prize of equal value in the event that a prize or any part of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason;
- disallow entries in its absolute discretion;
- verify entries and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where dishonest or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the competition;
- terminate this competition or amend any aspect of this competition (including the prize) without notice at any time in its sole discretion in the event that this competition or any aspect of this competition cannot be reasonably conducted as planned;
- enforce any of its rights at any stage and failure to do so does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Hippo Health will not be liable for any loss or damage or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with participation in any competition or accepting any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- As a condition of entry, the winner indemnifies Hippo Health, all organisers and sponsors associated in any way with a competition against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees on a solicitor and client basis) which Hippo Health may incur arising out of the winner’s participation in the competition and/or participation in a prize.
- Hippo Health will only collect and retain your personal information for the purposes of operating a competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- These competitions are run by Goodings Laboratory Ltd trading as Hippo Health at 6B Douglas Alexander Parade, Rosedale, Auckland. You can contact us directly by private messaging us via our social media accounts or by email to email@example.com. All decisions made are final and no correspondence will be entered into.